Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Irvine... DUH



I usually don't take Jamboree to work. I pay the extra $.50 to take the toll road in to bypass about 10 min worth of traffic. However, today I stopped by the cleaners in the morning so I had to take Jamboree...

I noticed the most retarded thing, and am convinced that Irvine is run by a bunch of idiots... Right after the 5 fwy, there are 2 lights about 200 yds away from each other. Every day there is a traffic jam here from about 7:30AM. Why do you ask? Today I noticed that when the first light turns green, the second light is red, meaning you get to travel 200 yds before you stop again. It causes a backup because so few cars can actually get through the intersection. Then when the first light turns red, the second light turns green, which is useless because only 10 or so cars were actually able to get through the first light. Wouldn't you think that it would help the traffic if the lights were coordinated so that when the first light turns green, that the second light also turns green allowing more cars to pass through the intersection at a time??? Okay, I'm running for mayor.....

No comments: